2012 Newbies

Speak your mind, probe the masses, wax philosophical or wan intellectual; whatever is clever. Topics in this forum are limited only to appropriate civility and decorum (i.e. be polite and respectful, but talk about whatever you like).

Re: 2012 Newbies

Postby Rollins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 am

captainseery wrote:I got a package from the Amakusa BoE today! Still no news on what schools I will be at, but they did give me an address so I imagine they know who my pred is and everything.

So who can tell me about Itsuwa-machi?

Sent you a PM.
Rollins
1年生

Postby Lsorondo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:48 am

I got my packet from the Amakusa BoE today too! I'm in Imagamashinn-machi :bananadance: Now I just can't wait to hear from my pred :3
Lsorondo
2年生

Postby Lsorondo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:01 am

captainseery wrote:
Hi Lauren! I'm looking forward to meeting you! I'm in group A, coming from Chicago. What about you? I hope I'll get to see you for the Tokyo orientation, otherwise I'll see you in Amakusan (Amakusama? That might be a bit much...)

Unfortunately, I'm in group B, so I won't see you at Tokyo orientation DX But I'll see you in Amaku"sama" I guess :rwink:
Lsorondo
2年生

Postby jacarmichael » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 am

Yo all, I'm an incoming '12 ALT from the UK. I don't have my placement details yet (other than Kumamoto city ofc :]), but I thought I'd meet you all sooner or later anyway so I better drop in and do my thing. Super excited to meet you all and to be a part of yet another incredible adventure. Any other Brits heading in Kumamoto way?

You'll probably all get a message from me sometime soon saying hi, so check your inboxes!

Love J x
jacarmichael
1年生

Postby Kaminasan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello everyone, I just got placed in Minamata-City.

Does anyone know anything about it? I can't seem to find anything other than a bunch of gruesome mercury poisoned Japanese people pictures.

Is there anything fun/exciting to do in the town? It seems very isolated from everywhere else.
Kaminasan
1年生

Postby flashlighteyes » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 pm

jacarmichael wrote:Yo all, I'm an incoming '12 ALT from the UK. I don't have my placement details yet (other than Kumamoto city ofc :]), but I thought I'd meet you all sooner or later anyway so I better drop in and do my thing. Super excited to meet you all and to be a part of yet another incredible adventure. Any other Brits heading in Kumamoto way?

You'll probably all get a message from me sometime soon saying hi, so check your inboxes!

Love J x

hey, J, I'm also a UK JET placed in Kumamoto city for 2012! I'm Laura, it's great to meet you! which group are you flying out with?
flashlighteyes
1年生

Postby jacarmichael » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 am

flashlighteyes wrote:
jacarmichael wrote:Yo all, I'm an incoming '12 ALT from the UK. I don't have my placement details yet (other than Kumamoto city ofc :]), but I thought I'd meet you all sooner or later anyway so I better drop in and do my thing. Super excited to meet you all and to be a part of yet another incredible adventure. Any other Brits heading in Kumamoto way?

Love J x

hey, J, I'm also a UK JET placed in Kumamoto city for 2012! I'm Laura, it's great to meet you! which group are you flying out with?

I'm a group A person. Check your private messages!
jacarmichael
1年生

Postby MarilynM » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi J, (and Laura!)
Im a second year (soon to be third year) Brit in Kumamoto City, welcome welcome welcome! I am so excited that more Brits are coming! Let me know if you have any questions. Were in the midst of rainy season right now, and we keep dodging typhoons, but by the time you guys get here it will be hot and sunny. I hope youre looking forward to it, Kumamoto City is a really great placement. See you soon!
MarilynM
Area Leader

Postby panduhmonium » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 pm

New ALT from Singapore saying hi! I was a little unsure when I got my placement info, but I feel more cheered up now after doing some reading. Seems like a really nice place :bananadance:
Looking forward to meeting fellow Kumamonites (if that's the word)!

I'm in Kumamoto-shi.... This means I'll very likely be teaching in JHS and SHS?

(oh, love the smilies here, especially the nunchucks LOL!)
Upgraded Alternate 2012|Kumamoto-shi|
panduhmonium
1年生

Postby MarilynM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello panduhmonium! Welcome to the ken, and the city! We have another Singaporean who arrived last year, I'm sure you'll here from him soon enough. You guys should be hearing from our tantosha this week....
And you will be working in JHs and ES. There are only 2 SHS in the city, and one ALT does them both already.
MarilynM
Area Leader

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion