New here? Introduce yourself!

Speak your mind, probe the masses, wax philosophical or wan intellectual; whatever is clever. Topics in this forum are limited only to appropriate civility and decorum (i.e. be polite and respectful, but talk about whatever you like).

Re: New here? Introduce yourself!

Postby Marie » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:46 am

Hi there Dellydutton,

Welcome to Kumamoto. Kumamoto is very beautiful and I hope you have a smooth transition getting here.

I really enjoy cooking with others and of course eating the results. :D

See you soon.

Marie :D :D
Marie
PA

Postby e.in.japan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Dellydutton -
One of my best friends lives in Arao - she's Japanese but her English is great (being an English teacher kinda helps lol)
Shoot me a private message or something if you get stuck with anything in Arao.. I'll get her on the case!!
:kumamon:
e.in.japan
1年生

Postby tantanmon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Hello? Anyone out there? Just kidding.

Hey to all who's still on the forum. This is Thanh, Jeff's replacement, out here in beautiful Uki City. I just wanted to say hi and be even mildly active in the forums. That and I thought I should at least put in a message before the end of the year. I hope you all have a great winter vaca and holiday season!
tantanmon
1年生

Postby jshon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 pm

YEAH THANH!!!

Way to be cool and post on the forums!

Best wishes to you during the holiday season as well.
jshon
PA

Postby Cytrix » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:09 am

We need to push this forum so more people post on it and it becomes a thriving resource! E.g. lesson plans, lesson ideas, general shenanigans and get togethers etc.
http://www.tabemoto.com/
A guide to cooking and eating in southern Japan
Cytrix
3年生

Incoming 2012 JET

Postby Lsorondo » Sat May 26, 2012 6:39 am

Hello everyone!

My name's Lauren, and I recently learned that I'll be a JET in Amakusa-shi come August! Although it's far from where I had anticipated, I am extremely excited about this new experience. I'm alsofrom Miami, Florida, so I'm definitely looking forward to Amakusa --and, of course, meeting and interacting with the other Kumamoto JETs!
Lsorondo
2年生

Postby Luke H » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:20 am

Hi everyone!, I have been posted in the town of Misato (about an hour away from Kumamoto City). I enjoyed reading everyone ones posts and look forward to meeting you all. I am Jet from Canada Ontario!
Luke H
1年生

Postby Cytrix » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Luke! Lovely to meet you. I live in Mifune which backs off of Misato, and am area leader for the Kamimashiki-gun (the one bordering your place). I drive through Misato most Wednesday's to go to one of my visit schools and you have a lovely town to live in! Most the newbies who are coming (who have made it onto the forum) are hanging out on the 2012 Newbies thread so come on over and ask any questions there that you may have!
http://www.tabemoto.com/
A guide to cooking and eating in southern Japan
Cytrix
3年生

Postby JaredXE » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:07 am

Hello all. My name is Jared, the husband of a new JET, and we are excited to be coming over this summer! My wife Kathe got assigned to Minamata-shi, though we haven't been contacted by her hiring organization or her predecessor, so Minamata is still a huge mystery for us. Kathe herself should be posting on the boards too, but she's so incredibly busy she forgets :roll: . We read all about the history of Minamata, so we know whats up with the environmental disaster 50 years ago, but we don't know much more than that about the city. Can't wait to meet you all!

PS: Do any JETs play tabletop games? My wife and I are avid gamers and hope to find a regular group.
JaredXE
1年生

Postby fehrkl » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Minamata is a pretty fun place with some great people over there. And the current ALTs aren't supposed to contact their successors yet, sorry, but just be patient. I think they should be getting permission by the end of this month (just don't quote me on that).

There are a couple of people that have been playing around Hitoyoshi this year (about 45 minute drive from Minamata) So if they know you're interested they may be willing to coordinate with you as well. Though I don't think they manage to actually get together very often.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
fehrkl
KumAJET/Area Leader

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion