New here? Introduce yourself!

Speak your mind, probe the masses, wax philosophical or wan intellectual; whatever is clever. Topics in this forum are limited only to appropriate civility and decorum (i.e. be polite and respectful, but talk about whatever you like).

Re: New here? Introduce yourself!

Postby ExclamatIan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 am

Wow yeah, this forum is pretty lifeless! Hopefully that'll change soon!

Hey JaredXE, Minamata is a cool place :) As for tabletop games, my boyfriend is super into them and there is a club in Kumamoto City that meets every month. Plenty of ALTs play too, so I wouldn't worry!
ExclamatIan
Area Leader

Postby Lsorondo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm

What can we do to revive this forum?
Lsorondo
2年生

Kuma-newbie! よろしく!

Postby Gibbun » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Everyone! ^^

My name is Chris Smiles and I just found out that I'll be based in Yatsushiro, just south of Kumamoto City. I'm so excited to be coming to Kumamoto - it was my second choice - and I can't wait to meet you all. For now though, here's a little about me:

I'm 33 and from in Leeds, England where I've lived since graduating from university in 2003. I went to university in Liverpool and got a degree in American Studies, which did absolutely nothing for me except open my eyes to the joys of travelling to new places and meeting people from new cultures. Arguably that's the best I could have hoped for, since it's made me who I am :)
I now work as a Course Administrator at Leeds Met University, where I have been for the last 6 years.

In my spare time I like to tinker with various music projects such as comedy remixes, DJ mixes etc. I recently finished splicing together some music for a friend's wedding, for instance. I also got into running last year, so I'm looking forward to getting out and exploring the Kumamoto landscape on foot ^^. Other than that I love to get out and experience good times with friends, eat good food, drink good ale, watch movies and documentaries, play PC games (geek much?), and of course football (Leeds United^^)!

So that's me in a nutshell. I promise I'm more interesting in person! ha ha.

Hope to hear from you all soon,

クリス
Gibbun
1年生

Postby Marie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Chris,

Welcome to kumamoto!! Hopefully more JETs will join the forums over the next few weeks.

Marie :kumamon:
Marie
PA

Postby Bonbon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Marie wrote:Hi Chris,

Welcome to kumamoto!! Hopefully more JETs will join the forums over the next few weeks.

Marie :kumamon:

I just joined up! :P I will be heading to teach SHS in Kumamoto City!
Bonbon
1年生

Postby Cytrix » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Hey hey newbies! Welcome to Kumamoto!

I'm a leaving SHS ALT this year, but I'm more than happy to help out with any questions etc.
http://www.tabemoto.com/
A guide to cooking and eating in southern Japan
Cytrix
3年生

Postby kamon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:08 am

Hey everyone!

I'll be working in Taragi, and I'm super excited to meet everyone! Anyway, a bit about myself:

My name is Charlie Fieseler and I just graduated with a physics Bachelors degree from the University of Kentucky in the US. I've also done ESL work, and I'll probably have a pretty zig-zagging sort of career after the JET program. As an undergrad I studied abroad in Osaka, so I'm sure I'll get made fun of for having bits and pieces of an Osaka accent. That'll be goofy.

In terms of hobbies, I've done some Ultimate Frisbee and I really like to hike and cook. The biggest thing, though, is definitely swing dancing! I've been dancing for about a year and a half, mostly Lindy Hop, if that means anything to anyone. I would love to find other people who have done swing dancing or are interested in learning! I know there probably won't be much around, but I've done other styles and I think I saw something about capoeira...? Let me know!

I also saw something about people playing tabletop games... count me as very interested!

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple weeks!

Thanks,
Charlie
kamon
1年生

Postby watermark1079 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Hello all, I have just signed up.
watermark1079
2年生

Thank for this

Postby Andrsl98 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:31 am

I recognize the time you used up explaining the hiring process and how this works. You’re understandably very knowledgeable about this.

I am sure I will come back here to see more about your topics.

God bless
Adieu

-------
Please support me

I only organized this keys and I am selling it for the minimal price . All license keys are Original. Start only for 2$.
I hope you enjoy
https://serialkeys.me/category/windows/
Andrsl98
1年生

Thank for this

Postby Andrsl98 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:32 am

I appreciate the time you exhausted explaining the approach process and how this works. You’re unequivocally very knowledgeable about this.

I am sure I will come back here to read more about your topics.

God blessing
See you

-------
Please support me

I just set up this genuine serial keys and I am selling it for a minimal priceseen. All license are Original. It starts just for 2$.
I hope you enjoy
https://serialkeys.me/category/windows/
Andrsl98
1年生

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion