Highs and Lows

Speak your mind, probe the masses, wax philosophical or wan intellectual; whatever is clever. Topics in this forum are limited only to appropriate civility and decorum (i.e. be polite and respectful, but talk about whatever you like).

Re: Highs and Lows

Postby Makkotah » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 am

Highs: Internet is set up at home, and I swear it's been cooler today than it was yesterday. Additionally, I finally got my rice cooker clean enough to be comfortable cooking with it.

Lows: Japanese bureaucracy is hard. Having a car but not being allowed to drive it while living in the boonies is frustrating. Especially when biking to the nearest area with stuff takes an hour, so if I leave after work by the time I get there I have to bike back home before it gets dark. Frustration!
Makkotah
1年生

Postby red spacesuit » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Low:
-Haven't gotten up the courage to venture outside the apartment...
-Cleaning this apartment seems like a never ending chore :( preds left quite a bit of stuff.. not all of it is very clean (eww crusty, moldy rice maker with rice still in it... floors covered in hair and dirt and candle wax?)
-garbage??????
-Lack of veggies + heat = upset stomach!

High:
-Might get lucky and get something other than rice soup for dinner :>
-Unpacking art books <3 the sight of them makes me happy
-
-
red spacesuit
1年生

Postby Cytrix » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:35 pm

Don't fret red spacesuit! It's Orientation soon. If you want to come hang out Mifune has a Kappa festival all of Sunday!

Highs
- My Kindle finally arrived! I've filled it up with Japanese learning books
- Carrrrrrr!
- I had a productive day of tidying and got given a free iceblock because the AC was down for two hours
- My sore throat is FINALLY gone!
- Had an awesome meal with our lovely PA Marie!

Lows
- Right now...none
http://www.tabemoto.com/
A guide to cooking and eating in southern Japan
Cytrix
3年生

Postby red spacesuit » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Kappa festival?!?! Dang mifune why you gotta be so cool like that!! All day all day :D? I'm interested for sure!! When are you gonna be checking it out?

Highs:
1. Finally got off my ass and went for a run for the first time since leaving the US :) made it all the way to mifune on a dino safari! Quite worthwhile. The bike/jog path is exellent! I was sad about leaving my fav path back home (really the only thing I like about my town back home) so I'm thrilled to find this one!!!!
2. Failed miserably at making shiratama dango last night (thought I could just follow the pictures on the package.... nope!!). Faired much better today :). Still have not mastered tamagoyaki.

Lows:
Started to reassemble the pc today to cure this overwhelming boredom.. only to discover part of my heatsink is missing. Much cursing ensued. Sigh. Here I come again amazon.co.jp. More boredom!
red spacesuit
1年生

Postby Cytrix » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

I'll be there all day, from 10am til 10pm! There's fireworks and taiko drumming at the end, and floats etc. at the start! I'm going to Mifune High School at 3 to learn the dance that everyone will be doing down the main street. It's looking super gorgeous here with all the paper lanterns up and about.

Highs
- Visited Clair Mall today. It was awesome, and I am so happy that I have a Lush store so close!

Lows
- I'm nearly out of Dole iceblocks. I <3 you Dole.
Cytrix
3年生

Postby jshon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:00 am

What's a Dole iceblock? Whatever it is, it sounds like a good thing. I approve of anything cold-sounding.

highs:
-new article for the homepage is finally up!
-it's aloha friday

lows:
-there are way too many cockroach traps and way too many living cockroaches crawling over my dishes. :puke:
jshon
PA

Postby Cytrix » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:00 pm

It's basically iceblocks made out of Dole fruit juice. I bought a box that came in grape, pineapple, orange and apple flavours.

Highs: FINALLY GOT RID OF MY LARYNGITIS/VERTIGO

Lows: What is with this Rainy Season 2.0?
Cytrix
3年生

Previous

Return to General Discussion