Honda Life For Sale

Need to buy tickets to the sold-out AKB48 concert? Want to sell your home-made tanuki statues? Willing to swap hula lessons for bicycle repairs? Post here.

Honda Life For Sale

Postby Zane » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 pm

The time has come to part with my Honda Life kei car. It's painful, so let's just get this over with, quick like pulling off a band-aid.

Year: 1998 (平成10年)
Milage: 111,000km
Shakken: Until Jan. 2012
Price: ¥100,000 (10万) or best offer

I've had the car for 4 years and I'm the second owner. Runs great and I've never had any trouble with it. Tires were new 10,000km ago and the timing belt was replaced as part of routine scheduled maintenance during the last shakken inspection. While it's small and maneuverable enough to handle Japan's narrow roads, it also comfortably seats four, and the back seats fold down (see photos) making it surprisingly roomy. I moved from Tamana to the city using only this car. I'm 190cm and I still have plenty of head room. Power windows and locks, AC, clean body. I've driven around the island of Kyushu twice and Shikoku once in this car, and it's handled everything very well (mountains, highways, tiny, twisting back roads). It's really been a great car. Fuel is about as cheap as it comes in Japan, yearly tax is ¥7,300, shakken has been around ¥60,000 both times, and insurance is pretty cheap (under ¥5,000/mon. for me). I think ¥100,000 is a very fair price as I've never seen this car selling for less than ¥200,000 (without shakken) off the lots. Feel free to contact me if you're interested or if you have any questions (ztkinsey@gmail.com / ztkinsey@i.softbank.jp / 080-4275-2662)

Bruce Lee is included in the deal.
"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, save me Superman!" - H. J. Simpson
Zane
PA

Re: Honda Life For Sale

Postby Stiergott » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:01 pm

When I get to Japan in early August, I'd definitely be interested in taking this off your hands.
Stiergott
1年生

Postby Zane » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:33 pm

UPDATE: Car has sold. Thank you for your interest.
"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, save me Superman!" - H. J. Simpson
Zane
PA

Postby Samsonite » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 am

Hey Zane! Just wondering if you could let me know how to add pics to the posts. . . . i can't seem to figure it out. . . . Thanks!

Holly
Samsonite
1年生

Postby Zane » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:09 pm

You can't upload image files directly to the site, so you'll have to upload them to an online image storage site and link the url in the forums. I recommend flickr, Picasa or Photobucket. They're all free and you can upload your personal photos there. Once that's done, get the URL from your uploaded photo and come back to the forums. Put the URL between the image brackets (e.g.
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.holly'ssexycarphoto1.com[/img]
) and post it. The image will display in the forums. Let me know if you need further clarification on this.
Zane
PA

Return to Buy / Sell / Swap / Barter / Trade